Clarify your path to success with MACRA/MIPS support from LTPAC leaders.
As the stakes get higher and the program increases in complexity, GEHRIMED has made MIPS as easy to understand as possible. Picking the best strategy for your practice can be confusing. We understand that every practice has an optimum participation pace, and we will provide MACRA/MIPS support that helps you become more successful at reporting quality and obtaining the highest scores under the MIPS program. From avoiding penalties, to earning incentives, we’re here to help.
Important MIPS Update April 25, 2018
Promoting Interoperability – CMS Releases Proposed Rule Updating EHR Incentive Programs
On Wednesday, April 25, 2018, CMS released its 2019 Medicare Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) and Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTCH) Prospective Payment System Proposed Rule. In addition to affecting payment policy rates for IPPS and LTCH, the 1,800-page proposed rule includes several changes and updates to the EHR Incentive Programs.
- The Medicaid Meaningful Use program has been renamed the “Promoting Interoperability” program.
- The Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Advancing Care Information (ACI) performance category is renamed the “Promoting Interoperability” performance category.
- The proposed rule would implement a 90-day EHR reporting period for providers participating in the EHR Incentive Programs in 2019 and 2020.
- CMS has proposed to update scoring methodology and add new measures, including one to address e-prescribing of opioids.
- Additionally, the rule mandates that providers use 2015 Edition certified EHR technology (CEHRT) starting in 2019 to qualify for incentive payments and avoid reductions to Medicare payments.
GPM is in the process of analyzing the rule for impact to LTC providers and to our software product. We strive to actively support and improve your workflow, while ensuring that we continue to capture the required information to maintain compliance and quality reporting requirements.
We will continue to keep you informed. If you have any questions, please contact us.